School Closure Procedure
Steps taken to decide on whether the school will be closed will be as follows:-
- Mrs. Selden will liaise with Public Health England (East Midlands) and the Chair of Governors and a joint decision will be made whether our School should be open or not.
- EVEN IF THERE IS A CONFIRMED CASE IN SCHOOL, THE DECISION OF PUBLIC HEALTH MAY WELL BE TO REMAIN OPEN. However, a risk assessment will follow.
- The decision to open or not will be communicated to staff and parents via:-
- The school website
- Text service (it is important that we have up-to-date contact information for parents)
In the event of St. Augustine's School having to close during the school day:-
- A text will be sent out, requesting you collect your child from school at the earliest opportunity
- Please do not panic, all children will be supervised by staff until you are able to reach us.
Your child's education is important to us and we will be providing lessons on our class pages or via DOJO.