Division - Week commencing 07.12.20
This week you are going to be learning division and fractions of a number or quantity.
- recall and use multiplication and division facts for the 3, 4 and 8 multiplication tables.
- solve problems, including missing number problems, involving multiplication and division.
- develop reliable written methods for multiplication and division, starting with calculations of two-digit numbers by one-digit numbers and progressing to the formal written methods of short multiplication and division.
- understand the relation between unit fractions as operators (fractions of), and division by integers.
- recognise fractions in the context of parts of a whole, numbers, and as a division of a quantity.
- find the effect of dividing a one- or two-digit number by 10 and 100, identifying the value of the digits in the answer as ones, tenths and hundredths